Lime Infused Quinoa Salad with Avocado, Black Beans, and Tangerine Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup Toodles Texas Lime Infused Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Toodles Texas Tangerine Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 large avocado, diced
In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa, water, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 15–20 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the water is absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff the quinoa with a fork, and let it cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together the Toodles Texas Lime Infused Olive Oil, Tangerine Balsamic Vinegar, ground cumin, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to create the dressing.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooled quinoa, black beans, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and chopped cilantro. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
Fold in the diced avocado just before serving to maintain its freshness.
Serve this Lime Infused Quinoa Salad with Avocado, Black Beans, and Tangerine Balsamic Vinegar as a main course or a side dish. The Tangerine Balsamic Vinegar adds a fruity citrus note that pairs well with the Lime Infused Olive Oil, creating a refreshing and balanced flavor profile. Enjoy!
Leave a comment